Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Niagara Falls Canada

This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. I hope you will as well.

We are on our "Family Vacation 2009" and having a blast. We are currently enjoying Niagara Falls. Mackenzie, my 13 year old daughter, made the comment yesterday as we were looking at the Falls up close, "How can anybody doubt there is a God?" As I stood there looking at the awesome beauty, I found the words to the following song going through my head:


The splendor of the King
Clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice, all the earth rejoice
He wraps himself in light
And darkness tries to hide
And trembles at His voice,
And trembles at His voice

Chorus:

How great is our God
Sing with me
How great is our God
And all will see
How great, how great is our God

Age to age He stands
And time is in His hands
Beginning and the End,
Beginning and the End
The Godhead, Three in One
Father, Spirit, Son
The Lion and the Lamb, Lion and the Lamb

Chorus:

Name above all names
Worthy of all praise
My heart will sing how great is our God

What a mighty, powerful, artistic, creative, loving God that we serve. He is worthy of every effort of praise that we can give to Him, and so much more. As I woke up this morning, I lay in bed meditating on the following verses:

Lamentations 3:21-26 But this I recall and therefore have I hope and expectation: (22) It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not. [Mal. 3:6.] (23) They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness. [Isa. 33:2.] (24) The Lord is my portion or share, says my living being (my inner self); therefore will I hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him. [Num. 18:20.] (25) The Lord is good to those who wait hopefully and expectantly for Him, to those who seek Him [inquire of and for Him and require Him by right of necessity and on the authority of God's word]. (26) It is good that one should hope in and wait quietly for the salvation (the safety and ease) of the Lord.

Amen and amen!

Well, we are packing up this morning and heading to New York City! We meet up with Brad, Glenda, Macy and Mia tonight. We are very excited about seeing them and then touring the "Big Apple" the next few days!

I plan to blog in the morning and post a few more pictures. I hope you enjoy a few of the Niagara Falls pictures below.

Blessings!


Pastor Rusty
























3 comments:

Jennifer said...

So beautiful! How great is our God...so great, powerful, mighty, creative and the master of design!

Have a great trip!

LAURIE said...

Sounds like a great trip! and I already feel much cooler just looking at the pictures. :) -be safe in the BIG APPLE.

Anonymous said...

I believe this is just a very SMALLLLLLL glimpse of what Heaven will look like. The beauty that God allows us to see here on earth, I believe can't be compared to what God has in store for those who trust and believe in Him and have accepted Him as Lord and Savior of their lives. God is so good and has blessed each and every one of us beyond what any of us deserve.

God, I love and adore you! As Gavin said once: You are a Good God! You are the Bestest God! and I can't wait to go and be with you!

Pastor, Thanks for sharing with us, not only the beautiful pictures but taking the time to give us a devotion from the Word of God!

Enjoy your vaction and have a Wonderful time with your family!

Wanda