Friday, July 31, 2009

“I will wait on Your Name!”

Scripture:

Psalm 52:9 "I will thank you forever, because you have done it. I will wait for your name, for it is good, in the presence of the godly."


Observation:

David wrote this while on the run from Saul. He had just gotten word from Abiathar, Ahimelech's son that Doeg had killed Ahimelech and 85 priests of the Lord. Saul was desperate to kill David because of jealousy and rage. He was on the run.

Application:

David said, "I will wait fro your name, for it is GOOD, in the presence of the godly." David didn't understand the "why" of his predicament, but he committed himself to wait on God's good name.

Sometimes I have to wiat on God's name. I have to vacate the throne of my life (be still) and be thankful while I wait, as David did. In a storm, I wait for Jehovah-Shalom (The Lord of Peace). In a financial difficulty, I wait for Jehovah-Jireh (The Lord my provider). In a battle, I wait for Jehovah-Nissi (The Lord my banner). In sickness I wait for Jehovah-Rapha (The Lord my Healer). In times of failure, I wait for Jehovah-Tsidkenu (The Lord my righteousness).

While I wait…I fill my heart and mouth with thanksgiving to my good God, and I surround myself with godly influences.

Prayer:

"Lord, like David I run in fear at times. I must never outrun thanks and praise to you. I need to get off the throne of my life, and allow you to be in charge. Even in difficult and trying times, I wait for your GOOD name! In Jesus' name, amen!"

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful and a subtle reminder that we must all WAIT for God's plan and purpose for our lives. In our earthly flesh, we have little patience, but with God, all things are possible.

I hope you and your family are doing well. We have MISSED all of you this summer. DG is doing well from back surgery.

Take care.