Monday, December 29, 2008

25th Wedding anniversary and Washington DC

This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. I hope you will as well.

We are having a great time visiting with our oldest daughter and her family in DC. We went sight-seeing yesterday and found out a LOT of people decided to do the same thing. It was packed, but well worth the effort. I plan to use my blog this week to share our Washington DC experience with all of you. I will post pictures and stories.

After church, we went to China Town:








We then went to the National Mall:














Then we went by the National Christmas tree, with every state having a tree:


















Right across the street is the White House:
















I love our great country and I am so thankful for our heritage. This morning we are going to the National Museum of American History. I will take pictures and post them tomorrow.


Tomorrow is a very special day for me. I celebrate the 25th anniversary of the day I married the most awesome, beautiful, godly, sweet, supportive, Christ-like woman God ever made. I am so blessed to have Dorinda as my soul-mate, best friend, and wife. We have a big day planned tomorrow. There is no one that I would rather spend time with than my precious wife. God has truly blessed me beyond words with such a wonderful marriage. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change one thing. I would marry her a thousand times over.


I better move on before I get "weepy". Those that know me are aware that happens pretty easily for me. Blessings!
Pastor Rusty

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the pictures and look forward to more!!!

I agree with you...you found a gem in Dorinda. I love you guys so much and pray you continue to have an awesome time in DC with your family.

Happy Anniversary!!!

LAURIE said...

Happy 25th Anniversary. The adventure has just begun!