Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Twenty-Five years ago TODAY

This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Every day is a blessing from God, but today is even more special to me. Twenty-five years ago today, Dorinda Rutherford walked the aisle of her church to become my beautiful bride. I have NEVER regretted even a moment of it. God truly smiled on me that first day at Central Bible College when Dorinda walked into my life and I was mesmerized by her beauty. I knew instantly that she was the one God created for me.

She is the most beautiful, godly, sweet woman I have ever known. She is the epitome of integrity and character. I truly love everything about her.
She is a Lady, and yet much, much more than a Lady...she is my Lady.

I want to use some lyrics from a secular song to help describe how I feel on this special day:

Thanks for the times
That youve given me
The memories are all in my mind
And now that weve come
To (our 25th anniversary)
Theres something
I must say out loud

Youre once, twice
Three times a lady
Yes youre once twice
Three times a lady
And I love you
When we are together
The moments I cherish
With every beat of my heart
To touch you to hold you
To feel you to need you
Theres nothing to keep us apart

Youre once twice
Three times a lady
And I love you
I love you

"Thank you baby for 25 years. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't change a thing. After all of these years I still say, "I Do!" I can't wait to renew our vows today!"

Rusty


1 comments:

Jennifer said...

So Sweet!!! Both of you :-)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Love you guys!
Jennifer, Roger and Tyler