Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Seven Up’s


Psalm 121:1-2 I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? (2) My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.


This song expresses assurance and hope in God's protection day and night. He not only made the hills but heaven and earth as well. We should never trust a lesser power than God himself. But not only is he all-powerful, he also watches over us. Nothing diverts or deters him. We are safe. We never outgrow our need for God's untiring watch over our life.


Notice "Seven Up's" that will help you continue to lift your eyes to the hills, to the Lord who is your help!

Wake up. Life's not a dress rehearsal. Live each day as though you won't be around tomorrow - for you might not be.

Dress up. When you get up each morning don't forget to put on a good attitude; it'll determine the rest of your day! Life's like a piano; everything depends on how you play it. Only 10% is about what happens to you; the other 90% is about how you respond to it.

Shut up. You're not learning while you're talking! Listen: "He who guards his lips guards his [soul]" (Proverbs 13:3). You'll save yourself untold heartache, and impress others by listening, observing, and speaking only after you've thought things through.

Stand up. Establish your values and your vision according to God's Word - nothing else! Not everybody will agree, nonetheless: "Stand firm. Let nothing move you" (1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV).

Reach up. Paul says, "I keep trying to reach the goal and get the prize for which God called me" (Philippians 3:14). Focus on your goals! Refuse to settle for less than God's highest and best.

Lift up. Max Lucado says, "Worship is a 'thank you' that refuses to be silenced; an act of gratitude offered by the saved to the Saviour, the healed to the Healer, and the blessed to the Blesser." So lift up your voice in praise today!

Look up. David said, "I will lift up mine eyes… my help cometh from the Lord." Know what? When you're at your weakest, God's at His strongest!


"Lord, I thank you that I can look to You for my help and strength. You have not, nor will you, leave me comfortless. You are my help, my strength, and my courage. I love you and choose to use the Seven Up's to help me look to You today. In Jesus' name, amen!"